I am glad we can all finally be on the same page - Spring! While I guiltily tried to resist posting too many warm weather outfits, at least the calendar has officially switched and we can all embrace the shedding of layers. One of my all time favorite joys of living in Southern California is the farmer's markets which I frequent on a weekly basis. Anyone who lives here and doesn't is depriving themselves of one those most inspiring, colorful, and delicious experiences. Besides having the best produce and flowers, all at reasonable prices, it is rewarding to be supporting local farmers. And as someone who loves to cook, it is satisfying to use the best seasonal ingredients. Shopping at the farmer's market requires function meeting fashion. While I am a true live-and-die high heel girl at heart, I have been embracing my Jack Purcell's as well as a Provence tote as a carry-all for my finds. Can you believe this bouquet of white lilacs? A cashmere tee and white jeans are new staples that I know will become go-to classics.
A quick little video showing a quick behind-the-scenes from a fashion shoot for my site featuring my photographer sister Kelsey @kelsey_chapman_
Also -- I have joined SnapChat where I will be updating daily -- Behind-the Scenes, favorite products, & all I get up to in Los Angeles
SnapChat : @CaitlinConf
WHERE ELSE TO FIND ME:
The Fresh Lip Balms have long been a staple in my beauty bag. Nothing beats the utterly smooth texture along with its delicious lemon sugar smell. Makeup artist Mary Greenwell once described after use, “the softest baby lips.” I couldn’t agree more. This lip treatment feels so moisturizing while giving the look of a plump, soft mouth. The original had been my longtime choice, but their newest arrival has gone straight to my favorite. With every shade of berry, plum, and pink, I had forever been hoping for a shade a little more neutral. Introducing the arrival of Nude. It is described as a “sheer peachy beige shimmer tint.” It is the most lovely wearable tone and will now be a permanent fixture in my makeup bag and evening clutch.
SHOP the LOOK:
After a long, gruesome winter of layers and neutrals, spring wardrobes and makeup bags are desperate for a revamp. Enter these classics that will give your look an upgrade, but will last through seasons of wear.
- The Cashmere Tee : This is a recent addition to my personal closet. A cashmere tee is a staple, but in this stormy gray color it's an instant refresh.
- The White Tote : Another great buy from JCrew. A versatile tote that will take you from the farmers market to the beach, and everywhere in between.
- The Strappy Sandal : The ultimate summer shoe, with sexy lacing and in the perfect tan color.
- The Accessories : A striped linen cosmetic case keeps your beauty items organized and easy to transfer from purse to beach bag. I always love a Smythson notebook and this one is no exception, in Nile Blue, with an embossed quote from Gone With the Wind.
- The Beauty Bag : St. Tropez has just released their Luxe Tanning Face Oil, which I am beyond excited about because their Luxe Tanning Body Oil is my favorite self-tanner ever. The one for the body delivers a gorgeous sunkissed color, but the real plus, is how long it lasts. I hope this delivers the same beautiful results. The best complement to a tan? A warm peachy nude lipstick, like this one from Lipstick Queen.