This recipe is such a crowd pleaser and so easy to make. It is so worth taking the extra step to make the ricotta. Serve warm and enjoy! #CaitConfCooks
Strawberry Ricotta Toast
- Crusty Bread (I prefer Pecan Raisin or Wheat)
- Lemon Zest
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Juice of 1 Lemon
1. Heat the milk, cream, and salt in a heavy sauce pan. Slowly bring up to a boil.
2. Place a strainer with cheesecloth over a bowl, so that strainer is not touching the bottom.
3. Once mixture has come to a boil, add the juice of one lemon, and let simmer until you see curds form. Once curds have begun to form, pour over the cheesecloth.
4. Allow to drain for 1 hour. Refrigerate. (I do this the night before to have it for the next morning!)
5. Add lemon zest and squeeze of lemon juice to ricotta. Spread over warm toast. Add sliced strawberries, drizzle of honey, and final zesting of lemon. Enjoy!
SHOP the LOOK:
All content ©Caitlin Confidential, unless otherwise noted