While I have been trying to be good about using up some of the products in my makeup bag before buying some much-needed new additions, it is utterly hard and tempting when so many beautiful new products are being released on a daily basis for Spring 2015. Here are my picks:
- FRAGRANCE Pick: I simply love Jo Malone's fragrances. I am not a big perfume girl, but these fragrances are so light and fresh, you can truly tell they have been divinely crafted. Nothing makes me think of spring more than the first bloom of lily of the valley, a reward for East Coasters after a grueling winter. I imagine this new fragrance, Jo Malone Lily of the Valley & Ivy, will be an early reminder of what is to come.
- EYESHADOW Pick: I have not ventured into the land of Burberry beauty, can you believe it? Fellow YouTuber, Well-Taylered, always raves about the quality and pigmentation of their eyeshadows and lipsticks. These two shadows look too beautiful to pass up in Nude and Shell. A shimmery wash of color over the lids, make these a beautiful choice for day and night.
- FOUNDATION Pick: There has been a lot of discussion in the blogosphere about the new Nars All Day Luminous Foundation. I tried a sample of this and was very impressed with the light fluid texture, but mostly with the incredible pigmentation. I applied the recommended way of using hands, which activated the skincare ingredients leaving a seamless finish on the skin. I am hearing lots of mixed reviews on this one, but I really liked it so far.
- LIP Pick: Too Faced released new summer shades to add to their Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick Collection. My choice is Melted Sugar, a nude sand color.
- CREAM CHEEK Pick: I have been wanting to try these Charlotte Tilbury Beach Sticks forever and they are finally available in the US. I was waiting for my favorite beauty blogger, The Beauty Look Book, to review these and she just did today. These are perfect for easy makeup application. I think these will be especially lovely in the summer when one has a little bit of color and a fuss-free beauty routine. Ibiza is the bronzy shade and Moonstone is a peachy-pink.
- POWDER CHEEK Pick: Nars have released a new series of blushes that are in the same formulation as their new eyeshadows. The Nars Dual-Intensity Blushes are multidimensional and can be applied wet or dry. Makeup artist Monika Blunder just used this on an upcoming tutorial on her YouTube channel and my skin and cheeks never looked more luminous.
- MAKEUP BAG Update: Ted Baker has come out with makeup bags for spring in soft pastels such as baby pink, lavender, and mint.